Monday, October 11, 2004

Habit is Deadening

That's a quote (if my memory serves) from "Waiting for Godot." I saw a couple of friends in a production of this famous Beckett play yesterday and even though I must admit to not being the biggest fan of absurdist theatre, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Aside from laughing my ass off (they were both very endearing in their roles) the play actually offered up some really simple truths about life and the way relate to other people. Just one of the things I took away from it was when one character said habit is deadening. How very true that is. It's so easy to get stuck in the cogs of life and then blink and realized 50 years have passed you by. Life is short. Live it now and live it to the fullest. Something we hear all the time, but how often do we take it to heart?

On a slightly related topic, here is really interesting read on another's blog about the amount of money we make and happiness and being fulfilled. Oprah had something to say on it, and if she says it, I believe it! :-)

"Shall we go?"

"Yes. Let's go."

They do not move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home